Sunday 3 May 2015

You are running VMware Player through an incompatible hypervisor.

Recently I tried to run a VMWare image inside a Windows VM which is running on a Parallels in a Macbook Pro.

I accessed the Windows VM from mac using Parallels. Then I tried to access a VMWare image from the Windows using a VMWare Player. When I tried to run the VMWare Image, I got the below error:
"You are running VMware Player through an incompatible hypervisor.  You cannot power on a virtual machine until this hypervisor is disabled."

Fix:
Open the .vmx file in a text editor and add the below line at the end.
 vmx.allowNested = "TRUE"  

Ref: VMWare Community: Running Nested VMs

Feel free to point out if anything is missing/wrong in this blog. 

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post but any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I tried adding vmx.allowNested = "TRUE" to the .vmx file but i stil cannot get the VM to open. Where exactly do i paste that line?



    52 52 1e 00 0f 0c bd 5e-2b f2 8f a7 81 5e f0 e6



    Server1.vmx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paste it on any line in the .vmx file. It worked for me

    ReplyDelete